Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm trying this jogging workout

I haven't been much of a jogger but I think I know why. Everytime I decide to start to jog, I tend to over push myself the first days and then say heck with it.

I found an 8 week program that I just started trying out and my first day didn't seem to bad. The only thing that I screwed up on it, is I ended up going a little to far so I did more sets of the jogging part. I don't feel horrible like I do whenever I started jogging. I must keep in mind that I need to follow the program because it gradually increases your time. Instead of me trying to jog 6 miles the first day, this aid me in getting up to that point.

Here's what I will be doing.

Now your suppose to start out with a warm up of walking from 5-10 minutes, I just did the first 6 minute walk as my warm up. In weeks to come I will have to do an acually warm up because it requires you to walk for 1 minute and I need at least 5 minutes for my warm-up

Week One: Walk for 6 minutes and jog for 1 minute, repeat this 3 times. I think I ended up doing it 4 or 5 times. 3 sessions 3 times a week.

Week Two: Walk 5 minutes and the jog for 2 minutes. This is a minute difference for both things. 3 sessions 3 times a week.

Week Three: Walk 3 minutes and then jog 4 minutes, repeat 4 times. 4 sessions 4 times a week. Notice how it increases a little bit each week.

Week Four: Walk 2 minutes and the jog 5 minutes, repeat 4 times. 4 sessions 4 times a week.

Week Five: Walk 2 minutes and jog 8 minutes, repeat this 3 times. 4 sessions this week.

Week Six: Walk 2 minutes and jog 9 minutes, repeat this 3 times. 4 sessions this week.

Week Seven: Walk 1 minute and jog 11 minutes, repeat 3 times. 4 sessions this week.

Week Eight: Walk 5 minutes to begin and done with the work out. Run 20 minutes in between.

This program should get be started with jogging so I can job far a long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect tip for remain healthy inclusive of weight loss. Thanks for sharing such an informative article and schedule with us.If some one add Online Nutrition Health Tips in his life all must be fine.